Lorenzo Spezzamonte and Massimo Bortolazzo together created an unique fine dining experience opening Viale Canova in November 2004, not only for the food freshly cooked for you by Lorenzo, but also for the friendly service directed by Massimo and for the atmosphere, the candlelit restaurant has an intimate and homely feel, similar to a family dining room with beautiful artworks on his walls supplied by different local artists.
Soft music plays in the background and on week ends or special occasions Marilyn will play the 19-century piano.
It is always been Lorenzo and Massimo dream to open Viale Canova, both coming from Borso Del Grappa, a little town between Bassano del Grappa and Possagno, very well now town for his sculpture Antonio Canova, he was born in 1757 in Possagno. His classic monumental sculpture overlooking Venice is one of his most visited artwork.
Viale Canova logo is a tribute to the remarkable Canova, being a representation of the temple designed and built by A. Canova for his final resting.
Viale Canova is dedicated to providing a Canovian, Venetian atmosphere for all family and festive occasions.
Viale Canova has received many awards over the years, including:
- 2010 Accademia Italiana della Cucina - Certificate of Recognition (click here to open)
- 2010 Ospitalità Italiana - Certificate of Recognition (click here to open)
- 2011 Restaurant & Catering QLD - Winner QLD Best Italian Restaurant
- 2010 Restaurant & Catering QLD - Winner QLD Best Italian Restaurant
- 2010 Restaurant & Catering QLD - Winner Best Fine Dinning Restaurant
- Member of Restaurant & Catering QLD - Certificate of Membership (click here to open)